I am sure that this has happened with you one in your lifetime when you thought about loosing weight but couldn’t loose weight actually. Even some of you have actually loose weight but that phase didn’t lasr long and you gained even more weight. So the trick to actually loose weight with correct method which not only lasts long but also becomes a lifestyle is way more easy.
It’s all about choosing realistic goals and making correct decisions according to your body’s need. Losing weight effectively and sustainably requires a combination of healthy eating, regular physical activity, and lifestyle changes. If you have been facing difficulty in loosing weight for longer time, it’s time to check the below points.
Cheatsheet to Loose Weight
Here are some correct methods to help you in your weight loss journey:
- Find Your Motivation: Finding a true motivation that keeps you going is very crucial. Because it won’t gonna happen overnight. So a true motivation like alleviating back pain or keeping diabetes at bay can do the job.
- Set Realistic Goals: Set achievable and realistic weight loss goals. Aim for a gradual and steady weight loss of 1-2 pounds per week, as rapid weight loss can be unhealthy and difficult to maintain.
- Create a Calorie Deficit Diet Plan: To lose weight, you need to consume fewer calories than you burn. Calculate your daily caloric needs and create a moderate calorie deficit by reducing your calorie intake. A safe and effective deficit is typically around 500-1,000 calories per day.
- Balanced and Nutritious Diet: Focus on a balanced diet that includes a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats. Limit your intake of processed foods, sugary snacks, and beverages high in calories. Be mindful of portion sizes and consider tracking your food intake using a food diary or mobile app.
- Regular Physical Activity: Incorporate regular exercise into your routine. Engage in a combination of cardiovascular exercises (such as brisk walking, cycling, or swimming) and strength training exercises (like weightlifting or bodyweight exercises). Aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity or 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity activity each week, along with two or more days of strength training.
- Follow a Hobby That Keeps You Active: Staying active is necessary but of you are not a fitness freak then it’s will make you feel overburdened. The key to stay active is to find a hobby that keeps you active like playing footbal or badminton or even swimming. Such activities are fun at the same time they burn a lot of calories.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Water helps to keep you hydrated, supports your metabolism, and can help control your appetite. Avoid sugary beverages and limit your intake of alcohol.
- Get Adequate Sleep: Aim for 7-9 hours of quality sleep each night. Sufficient sleep plays a crucial role in weight management as it helps regulate hunger hormones, reduces cravings, and improves overall well-being.
- Practice Mindful Eating: Pay attention to your eating habits and practice mindful eating. Eat slowly, savor each bite, and listen to your body’s hunger and fullness cues. Avoid distractions while eating, such as watching TV or using electronic devices.
- Manage Stress: Chronic stress can contribute to weight gain. Find healthy ways to manage stress, such as regular exercise, relaxation techniques (like deep breathing or meditation), engaging in hobbies, or seeking support from friends, family, or a professional counselor.
- Stay Consistent: Consistency is key to successful weight loss. Make healthy eating and regular physical activity a part of your lifestyle, rather than a temporary fix. Remember that sustainable weight loss takes time, so be patient and stay motivated.
It’s important to consult with a healthcare professional or a registered dietitian before making any significant changes to your diet or exercise routine, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or specific dietary needs.
A curious girl filled with emotions & passion, Aparna holds a master’s degree in computer application, but words & stories fascinate her more than codes. She is a keen learner & a great admirer of art & culture. Sketching is her get away from daily hustle & bustle.