Badminton & tennis are high-intensity outdoor games. If you’re into fitness but not a gym lover, you can try these games. They are fun and at the same time burn massive calories. But for beginners, it’s hard to understand what to wear for badminton & tennis.
Though you all watch badminton or tennis tournaments, never think of what to exactly wear if you really want to indulge in the game.
If you are a female, it’s become more important to dress adequately. In this blog, I will clearly explain what to wear and what not to wear for a badminton or tennis game.
Correct Outfit To Wear During Badminton/ Tennis Game
Since badminton & tennis are high-intensity games and there is more precipitation, it becomes important to wear clothes that help wick away sweat faster.
In addition to that, it’s essential to prioritize comfort, flexibility, and breathability.
What To Wear?
- Top: Choose a lightweight and moisture-wicking T-shirt made of breathable fabric like polyester or a blend of polyester and spandex. Opt for a sleeveless or short-sleeved shirt for better arm mobility. You can pick a polo T-shirt for tennis if you prefer a traditional look. If the game is happening in hot weather consider wearing a UV protected T-shirt with long sleeves.
- Bottom: For both sports, wear shorts or a skirt that allows easy movement. Look for materials like polyester or nylon with a bit of stretch. Shorts should be mid-thigh length or slightly above the knee. A skirt with built-in shorts is a popular choice among female players. In cold climates, you can wear tights made with stretchable, anti-static fabric. These will help you keep warm.
- Innerwear: A supportive sports bra is essential for female players to ensure comfort and proper support during intense movements. Always pick a high-impact sport for both games. Male players should wear comfortable and supportive underwear.
- Footwear: Choose specialized badminton or tennis shoes with good traction, stability, and shock absorption. Look for shoes with non-marking soles to protect the court surface. Ensure a proper fit and break them in before playing to prevent discomfort or blisters.
- Socks: Wear moisture-wicking socks that provide cushioning and support. Choose socks that extend above the ankle to prevent friction and protect against blisters.
- Accessories: Consider wearing a sweatband or a visor/hat to keep sweat out of your eyes. Use wristbands to wipe away sweat during the game.
What Not To Wear During Badminton or Tennis Games?
Now that you are aware of appropriate outfits for badminton/tennis, you must know the outfits which are not the right fit for the games. Here are some items you should avoid wearing during these games:
- Jeans are not suitable for badminton or tennis as they restrict your movements and can be uncomfortable, especially during vigorous activity. They can also limit your flexibility and hinder your performance.
- Dresses or skirts that are too short: Wearing excessively short dresses or skirts can lead to discomfort and restrict your movement on the court. It is important to wear attire that allows for free and unrestricted leg movement.
- Heavy or bulky clothing: Avoid wearing heavy or bulky clothing as it can cause overheating and restrict your movements. Opt for lightweight and breathable fabrics that allow for proper ventilation and help regulate body temperature.
- Jewelry: It is advisable to remove any excessive jewelry or accessories before playing badminton or tennis. Jewelry such as necklaces, bracelets, or large earrings can pose a safety risk, especially if they get caught on equipment or during a fast-paced game.
- Non-sports footwear: Make sure to wear appropriate sports footwear designed for badminton or tennis. Avoid wearing casual shoes, sandals, or flip-flops as they don’t provide adequate support and can increase the risk of foot and ankle injuries.
- Inappropriate headwear: Avoid wearing hats with wide brims, as they can obstruct your vision and interfere with your performance. Instead, opt for sports caps or visors that provide shade without hindering your field of view.
A curious girl filled with emotions & passion, Aparna holds a master’s degree in computer application, but words & stories fascinate her more than codes. She is a keen learner & a great admirer of art & culture. Sketching is her get away from daily hustle & bustle.